What if Rain Continues in IPL Final, it would present a challenging situation for the organizers, players, and fans. Here are some possible scenarios and outcomes:
- Delayed start or interruptions: The match could experience delays due to the rain, and there might be frequent interruptions if the weather does not improve. In such cases, the umpires would assess the playing conditions and decide when it is safe to resume the game. They might reduce the number of overs or implement the Duckworth-Lewis-Stern (DLS) method to adjust the target if the match is shortened significantly.
- Reserve day: The IPL final usually has a reserve day allocated to account for rain or other unforeseen circumstances. If the weather conditions on the original match day do not allow for a full or satisfactory match, the reserve day can be utilized to complete the final. In this case, the match would be rescheduled, and players and fans would have to wait for the reserve day to witness the conclusion of the tournament.
- Shift to a different venue: If the rain persists for an extended period and the reserve day is not available or feasible, the organizers might consider shifting the match to a different venue. This decision would depend on factors such as the availability of a covered stadium or better weather conditions in an alternate location. However, venue changes in the final stages of a tournament are rare and would require careful logistical considerations.
- Sharing the trophy or joint winners: In extreme cases where the match cannot be completed due to persistent rain, the teams might be declared joint winners or share the trophy. This outcome is relatively uncommon and would depend on the specific rules and regulations established by the tournament organizers.
- Fan disappointment and refunds: Continuous rain and potential disruptions in the final can be disheartening for fans who have eagerly awaited the conclusion of the tournament. The organizers would need to communicate updates and possible outcomes to the fans while ensuring transparency. Refunds or compensatory measures might be considered for ticket holders if the match is significantly affected or ultimately cancelled.
It’s important to note that the specific actions taken during a rain-affected IPL final would depend on the discretion of the tournament organizers, umpires, and other relevant authorities. Their priority would be to prioritize player safety, fair competition, and the best possible outcome for all stakeholders involved.